- Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
- Messages to Families
First day of school for students: Sept. 15
Posted by SBLSD on 9/13/2020
Good news, things are beginning to improve greatly, allowing students to finally begin the 2020-21 school year!
With an increased containment of fires and more widespread restoration of internet connectivity, it’s safe for our staff and students to begin teaching and learning in a distance format.
We very much thank our fire, police and emergency management partners who have worked tirelessly to get us to this point of safety. We recognize that some staff and families are still affected by the fires. Our hearts are with everyone who might be struggling and experiencing lingering effects of the fire. Families may call their school’s counselor for support and resources.
First day of school for students
Students in 1st through 12th grades will begin school remotely on Tuesday, Sept. 15. The SBLSD Childcare Program will also begin Sept. 15. Kindergarten will start school on Friday, Sept. 18. Schools will contact families of kindergarteners for a rescheduled Family Connections appointment.
Distance learning resources
While we’re excited and ready to start the school year, we know some students and families might still feel anxious about the distance learning format. Find an array of extensive information and resources to help you and your child be successful in distance learning under our 2020-21 School Year section of our website:
- Tech Helpline: (253) 891-6055, Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Chromebook Login
- Technology & Support
- Teaching & Learning
- Care & Well-Being
- Starting Sept. 14: Free meals for all children 18 and younger
Hot lunch entrees and bagged meals are available Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at these locations. Children do not need to be present.
- Bonney Lake Elementary: 18715 80th St E (Bonney Lake)
- Daffodil Valley Elementary: 1509 Valley Ave (Sumner)
- Donald Eismann Elementary: 13802 Canyon View Blvd E (Bonney Lake)
- Emerald Hills Elementary: 19515 S Tapps Dr E (Bonney Lake)
- Liberty Ridge Elementary: 12202 209th Ave Ct E (Bonney Lake)
- Mountain View Middle School: 10921 199th Ave Ct E (Bonney Lake)
- Sumner Middle School: 1508 Willow St (Sumner)
- Sumner High School: 1707 Main St (Sumner)
- Starting Sept. 15: USDA food boxes to take home
Starting Sept. 15 until they are gone, we are distributing free food boxes filled with produce, dairy products and deli meats through the USDA Farmers to Families Food Box program. They will be available at our 8 meal sites listed above, during the regular meal service time. These are free to everyone, families may take up to 3 boxes. We thank Tacoma Public Schools for their generous donation of 2,500 of these food boxes!