- Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
- Messages to Families
Ways to Donate | Help for Those In Need | Resources to Talk with Children | Free WiFi
Posted by SBLSD on 9/11/2020
As wildfires continue, so does the need to help our Sumner-Bonney Lake community. Whether you’re someone with the ability to donate or someone who needs assistance, here’s information and resources.
Ways to donate
We have incredibly generous individuals, organizations and businesses in our Sumner-Bonney Lake community, and those from neighboring communities, who are giving their time, money, goods and services. For this, we are eternally grateful. The Sumner-Bonney Lake School District also thanks our staff for their servant leadership in spearheading donation collections and serving those in need.
- Online: We’ve created a new online option to donate by credit card. Donations go to help families with children in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District.
- Check: Make check out to the Sumner-Bonney Lake Family Center and mail to 1202 Wood Ave, Sumner, WA 98390.
Donations of goods
- Fill the Fridge & Stock the Shelves
Many lost power for a significant amount of time and recently-purchased groceries are now spoiled. Few have the funds to double our grocery allowance for the month. Join us in collecting food supplies that we will redistribute at our school sites next week.
For those who are able to donate, we are collecting the following items on Monday, Sept. 14 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at these locations:
- Bonney Lake Elementary: 18715 80th St
- Crestwood Elementary: 3914 West Tapps Dr
- Donald Eismann Elementary: 13802 Canyon View Blvd E
- Emerald Hills Elementary: 19515 South Tapps Dr E
- Liberty Ridge Elementary: 12202 209th Ave Ct E
- Victor Falls Elementary: 11401 188th Ave Ct E
- Tehaleh Heights Elementary: 17520 Berkeley Pkwy E
- Mountain View Middle School: 10921 199th Ave Ct E
- Bonney Lake High School: 10920 199th Ave Ct E
- Sumner Middle School: 1508 Willow St
Fill the Fridge
Pre-packaged lunch meat (not deli)
Bagged salad/salad kits
Hot dog buns
Donations for families affected by area fires
These items are the most needed to help families with children in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District. Please drop off donations at the Sumner-Bonney Lake Family Center, located at 1508 Willow St, Portable 705 (on the campus of Sumner Middle School), Monday-Friday, Noon-4 p.m.
- Sleeping bags
- Air mattresses
- Shelf-stable food
- Ready-to-eat food that doesn’t require cooking
- Bottles of water
- Phone chargers
Help for those in need
Free meals for all children 18 and youngerHot lunch entrees and bagged meals are available Monday - Friday from 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at these locations. Children do not need to be present.
- Bonney Lake Elementary: 18715 80th St E (Bonney Lake)
- Daffodil Valley Elementary: 1509 Valley Ave (Sumner)
- Donald Eismann Elementary: 13802 Canyon View Blvd E (Bonney Lake)
- Emerald Hills Elementary: 19515 S Tapps Dr E (Bonney Lake)
- Liberty Ridge Elementary: 12202 209th Ave Ct E (Bonney Lake)
- Mountain View Middle School: 10921 199th Ave Ct E (Bonney Lake)
- Sumner Middle School: 1508 Willow St (Sumner)
- Sumner High School: 1707 Main St (Sumner)
USDA food boxes (perishable and non-perishable) to take home
Starting Sept. 15 until they are gone, we are distributing free food boxes filled with produce, dairy products and deli meats through the USDA Farmers to Families Food Box program. They will be available at our 8 meal sites listed above, during the regular meal service time. These are free to everyone, families may take up to 3 boxes. We thank Tacoma Public Schools for their generous donation of 2,500 of these food boxes!
Resources to talk with children
Especially during this current crisis, emotional well-being is critical to embrace. For families looking to help their child, we recommend the following resources:
- Natural Disasters: Helping Kids During Crisis
- Natural Disasters: Helping Children Cope
- Helping Children Cope After a Traumatic Event (Spanish)
Even while power has been restored, there are still some without internet access. We invite all to access the District’s WiFi at these locations:
- Sumner High School: Sunset Chev Stadium
- Bonney Lake High School: Panther Field (bleacher area)