- Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
- Current News
Week in Review
Posted by Sarah Gillispie on 5/29/2015
Informational Open Houses
Administration will hold 3 informational open houses that will provide our community with an overview of the Facilities Committee work to date. The format will be as follows:
- Greeting (Building Principal)
- Introduction (Steve and Sarah)
- Presentation (NAC)
- Breakout Sessions (Group Facilitators)
Please consider attending one of the three sessions below and become familiar with the list of bond projects being considered. Updates are being provided to the School Board on a monthly basis. Facility Committee agendas and minutes, in addition to the Informational Open House presentation can be found on the District Website.
Collective bargaining shapes much of education policy in school districts. It is a guide for how resources are allocated, outlining aspects like job responsibilities and teaching & learning components. This is a principals’ suit of armor. As such, the SEA has requested that building principals are familiar with the current collective bargaining agreement.
- June 2 – SAC is CANCELED.
- June 12 & June 19 – Leadership will finalize district goals at this time. A convocation overview will also be provided.
- July 8 – The originally scheduled School Board Study Session has been canceled for this date. A Board Retreat is scheduled for
- July 21, 6:00-9:00 p.m. The Board will begin work on the 2015-16 district goals.
- August 11, 12, 13 & 14 – Please keep calendars clear on these dates as Leadership Blueprint and Academy will be scheduled during this timeframe. You will be learning your strengths and identifying areas for growth. This will enable us to close the gaps as identified in the CEE data.
At the May 27 Board Meeting the School Board approved Chelsea Gallagher as the new Assistant Principal replacing Kassie Meath at Sumner High. Chelsea was selected out of an applicant pool of 37 candidates. She comes to us from the Federal Way School District in which she worked since 2008 as a Dean of Students, Instructional Coach, and Interim Assistant Principal. Chelsea has a Master of Education in Educational Leadership and a Master of Arts in Teaching. Welcome Chelsea!