- Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
Last Day of School: June 25
Last Day of School
Half-day, early dismissal times are listed below for the last day of school on Tuesday, June 25, 2019:
- Middle and High Schools, 10:25 a.m.
- Early Start Elementary Schools (CWE, DVE, LRE, MLE, and VFE), 11:40 a.m.
- Late Start Elementary Schools (BLE, DEE, EHE, and THE), 12:15 p.m.
Breakfast will be available to students but no lunches will be served.
Child Nutrition: End-of-Year Reminders
As the 2018-19 school year comes to a close, here are some helpful tips on how to transfer remaining balances, request refunds and more for a smooth transition to the next school year.
School supply lists and back-to-school events will be published on the District website by July 1. The 2019-20 school year calendar will be mailed to all families in mid-August. Follow www.sumnersd.org/backtoschool for all back-to-school information.
- June 28: Last day school offices are open
- Aug. 14: Middle and high school offices re-open
- Aug. 19: Back-to-School Resource Fair
- Aug. 21: Elementary school offices re-open
- Sept. 3: First day of school for grades 1-12
- Sept. 6: First day of Kindergarten
District Administration Summer Hours & Services
District Office will operate on a modified schedule July 8 - Aug. 16. District Office will be closed to the public on Fridays during this time. Regular hours will resume Aug. 19.
- Registration For New Students: Registration packets can be found online and turned into District Office during the summer.
- High School Transcript Requests: From June 24 to Aug. 16, all requests will be approved and processed through District Office.
Preliminary SBA Test Scores
On June 21, preliminary Smarter Balanced Assessment scores will be available online via Family Access. If you have a child who took the Smarter Balanced Assessments in English Language Arts and/or Math this spring, you can access preliminary test results by logging into Family Access and selecting “Test Scores.”
Detailed score reports will be provided by OSPI and mailed to all families early September after reports are finalized. The mailing will include final score reports for your child on Smarter Balanced Assessments, Washington Comprehensive Assessment of Science (WCAS), and the results of any other paper tests.
No Activity Buses for 2019-20 School Year
Due to the McCleary decision not fully funding education, the District must cut a combined $9.2 million from the 2018-19 and 2019-20 budgets.
Among a series of cuts necessary to close our budget gap, the District recently identified the elimination of activity buses. Throughout the school year, SBLSD ran six activity buses at our middle and high schools that averaged about 10 students per bus. The District will continue to offer after-school extra-curricular activities and academic support.
Find budget information at www.sumnersd.org/budget.