- Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
Return to Headlines
Read a roundup of these voter-approved 2016 capital bond projects and watch a drone’s eye view of progress.
- Bonney Lake High School Performing Arts Center
- Early Learning Center
- Emerald Hills Elementary Replacement
- Lakeridge Middle School Track & Field Upgrades
- Mountain View Middle School Expansion and Track & Field Upgrades
- Sumner High School Modernization
- Sumner Middle School Track & Field
- Tehaleh Heights Elementary
- Bonney Lake High School Performing Arts Center: Project is moving forward with exterior finishes and progress on the interior portions of the house, backstage and lobby areas. Mechanical and electrical work is continuing. Drywall has started in the dressing rooms and support spaces. Roofing is complete over the auditorium, stage and support areas. Anticipated completion: April 2019.
- Early Learning Center: Progress continues on the two-story building, which is on track to welcome preschool and kindergarten students in Fall 2019. Second floor framing and roofing has begun and will continue as weather permits. Mechanical and electrical infrastructure is also underway.
- Emerald Hills Elementary Replacement: The project continues on schedule with work on framing the second floor and the roof structure. The electrical and mechanical infrastructure is also underway. Anticipated completion: Fall 2019.
- Lakeridge Middle School Track & Field Upgrades: The new synthetic field is complete and open for use. Elected officials, project teams, staff and sports spectators will help celebrate the field opening at 3 p.m. on Dec. 11. Due to cooler wet weather, final completion of the track portion of the project will occur in June.
- Mountain View Middle School Expansion and Track & Field Upgrades: Work has begun to obtain permits from the City of Bonney Lake. Next, the project team will complete Educational Specifications for presentation to the board, which includes an outline of the educational needs to create a project that enhances the learning environment and accommodates learning activities.
- Sumner High School: At the Nov. 19 Study Session, architects presented a revised design for the Sumner High School modernization project. Due to extraordinarily high construction costs arising from the current construction environment, the District must make substantial changes from the original design that went out for bid in October.
The School Board will further examine the revised design scope, costs and timeline, and consider options and opportunities that will create a school with features and benefits our students, staff and community deserve.
At the Dec. 12 board meeting, the School Board will take action on the direction of the Sumner High School project. At that time, the District will determine next steps, which will be communicated to the public.
We promise that Sumner High School, steeped in tradition of everlasting loyalty and support, will remain the heart of the Sumner community. Read this Q&A about the school’s construction project.
- Sumner Middle School Track & Field: New 148-seat capacity bleachers have been installed. Students, sports teams and the community have enjoyed using the upgraded, all-weather track and field since September.
- Tehaleh Heights Elementary: The school building has been complete since September. The walking track and baseball field have been recently completed, but will not be ready for use until September in order to let the field become established.
Between our monthly construction updates, we encourage you to visit the construction project webpage for the latest information.