- Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
2019-20 Attendance Waiver Window: Dec. 10 - Jan. 23
All waiver applications for the 2019-20 school year must be submitted Dec. 10, 2018 - Jan. 23, 2019 for optimal consideration. Waiver applications submitted after Jan. 23, 2019, may be considered if it has been determined that grade level and building capacity allow.
Resident students who wish to attend a school other than their resident school for the 2019-20 school year must complete the Intra-District (in-district) Waiver Application. In-District Waiver Applications are not required each year for continued attendance unless transitioning to another school. (Example: Elementary to Middle School or Middle School to High School).
For students residing outside of the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District Attendance Boundaries, an Inter-District (out-of-district) Waiver Application is required. A Choice Transfer Request (Release of Attendance form) from the resident district is also required with the Out-of-District Waiver Application. Out-of-District Waiver Applications are required each year for continued attendance.
2019-20 Waiver Application Timeline:
- Dec. 10, 2018 – Jan. 23, 2019: All waiver applications must be submitted for consideration.
- Jan. 23, 2019: Initial application deadline to apply for the 2019-20 school year. If a waiver application is submitted after this intial deadline, the application will be held and decisions will be made by June 19, 2019. At that time, the application may be considered if it has been determined the grade level and building capacity can allow. If a decision cannot be determined at that time, the application will be held until the third submission timeframe.
- Feb. 15, 2019: Building and/or District staff will have made decisions regarding waiver request(s) and families will be notified of decision by this date. If a new waiver application is still incomplete at the end of the waiver window, January 23, 2019, the student’s waiver will be denied and the student will need to register at their resident school. Please note: Students looking to renew a waiver will not be allowed to choose next year’s classes and/or receive a schedule until the waiver is approved.
- June 19, 2019: If a waiver application was submitted after this date, it will be held and decisions will be made by September 17, 2019. At that time, the application may be considered if it has been determined the grade level and building capacity can allow.
- Sept. 17, 2019: Decisions made on waiver applications submitted after June 19 based on grade level and building capacity.
Visit the Attendance Waiver Webpage for timelines and information.