All children enrolling for kindergarten for the coming school year must be five years old by August 31, prior to the start of school. When registering a child for school, families should bring:
- Proof of child’s birth date (birth or hospital certificate, passport);
- Immunization information and child’s health history; and
- Names and phone numbers of parents, physician, and an emergency contact when the parent/guardian cannot be reached.
- Proof of residency (choose one of the following):
- Gas, water, or electric bill
- Purchase papers for home
- Lease/rental agreement
- Affidavit of residence with a sponsor or landlord
Families may visit their neighborhood school for a registration packet after Jan. 30, 2017, or download a packet from the Sumner School District Website. Completed registration forms should be returned to your neighborhood school.