Prevention & Intervention Services
The Sumner-Bonney Lake School District Prevention-Intervention Program provides specialists to conduct evidence-based, best practices models of prevention and intervention services in each of our secondary schools that help youth identify the impact of drug/alcohol (D/A) use and build resilient attributes.
A confidential screening can be conducted to help determine D/A impact and to provide recommendations for referrals. This service is also accessed through school discipline situations.
These services are provided to the District through a contract with Heidi’s Promise, a private, non-profit organization, committed to bringing drug education and resources to our communities. Collaboration and trust between students, parents, and school staff are the cornerstones of these services. To meet and consult with a prevention/intervention specialist, contact your local school counselor or ask for your building Prevention-Intervention Specialist.
- Support for students impacted by drugs and alcohol
- Screening for students' high risk behaviors related to drugs and alcohol
- Consultation for parents and staff (interpreters are available upon request through the district)
- Provide community resources for students, parents and staff
- Classroom presentations/education
- School-wide prevention activities
- Student skill-building support groups
The Prevention-Intervention Program is available at all Sumner-Bonney Lake School District High schools and Middle schools.
For a list of substance use, outpatient and assessment resources, visit the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department website here.
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.