Our District’s five-year strategic plan was developed to ensure all students graduate from high school ready for college, careers and life. The plan includes measurable goals for our students, schools, staff and district.
GOAL 1: GROWING SUCCESS FOR STUDENTS AND STAFF
The district will provide rigorous, standards-based instruction for every student, every day, in every classroom.
The district will refine and continue to put into
practice a system of curriculum, instruction and assessment that enables
each student to be engaged in challenging academic experiences that are
grounded in clearly defined standards.
- Objective 1: Students in all classrooms have the opportunity to increase achievement in core subjects as a result of instruction that is differentiated and rooted in best research practices.
- Objective 2: Teachers incorporate common assessments, collaborative data analysis and specific feedback into their instructional practice.
- Objective 3: Students develop the technological, scientific, and civic skills necessary to adapt and respond to the conditions of 21st century global change.
GOAL 2: GROWING HOPE AND OPPORTUNITY
The district will ensure students develop social, emotional, wellness and citizenship skills for school and life.
Students will become healthy, resilient, and culturally
proficient global citizens who commit to act with integrity, respect,
and compassion. Students will be connected with school and community and
engaged in learning.
- Objective 1: Students experience a sense of wellness,
participation, and safety in response to meaningful adult and peer
relationships within a caring school environment.
- Objective 2: Students engage in age appropriate service
activities that enable them to contribute to or act on local or global
social needs and that provide them opportunities to develop social,
civic, and academic skills through reflection and analysis of their
GOAL 3: GROWING SERVICE AND SYSTEMS
The district will align operational systems to support district values and learning goals.
The district will build and carry out sustainable plans
that communicate and demonstrate commitment to our learning goals and
are responsive to student and school needs.
- Objective 1: District communications plan creates urgency and understanding.
Objective 2: District leaders engage in long-range planning
that supports sustainable school infrastructure and operations.
Objective 3: District leaders provide high quality relevant
differentiated learning opportunities for staff which are job-embedded
and enable them to: acquire rigorous and relevant content knowledge;
implement best practices; receive support and guidance; and promote
individual career growth.