Attend a Kindergarten Kickoff Event for more information
Learn about kindergarten and receive a registration packet at a session that is convenient for you.
Parents and caregivers of entering Kindergarten students are invited to an information session to learn about Kindergarten in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District and receive a registration packet. Packets will be available at elementary schools and online beginning Feb. 3, 2020.
Choose a session that is convenient for you. No registration is required. Childcare not provided.
- Jan. 27, 2020
6 - 7 p.m.
Sumner Middle School (1508 Willow St. in Sumner)
- Jan. 30, 2020
6 – 7 p.m.
Lakeridge Middle School (5909 Myers Rd. E. in Bonney Lake)
The information session will provide:
Welcome to the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District! All children enrolling for kindergarten for the coming school year must be five years old by August 31, prior to the start of school. The following steps will provide you with all the information and forms you need to help with that process.
- Kindergarten program details
- Registration and required forms
- Supports for the transition
- District overview and offerings
1. FIND YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD SCHOOLStudents in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District are assigned to schools based on the location of their residence. Not sure which school is your neighborhood school? Use our School Finder tool.
2. PROVIDE VERIFICATION OF RESIDENCY
Sumner-Bonney Lake School District requires residency verification at time of enrollment. Please provide one of the following proof of residency - utility bill, purchase papers for home, lease/rental agreement, affidavit of residence with sponsor or landlord. This is required for all families completing a registration packet.
3. FILL OUT A REGISTRATION PACKETRegistration packets for the upcoming year will be available after Feb. 3, 2020. Paperwork can be turned into the Main Office at your neighborhood school during office hours or the District Administration building located at 1202 Wood Avenue in Sumner.
When registering a child for school, families should bring:
- Proof of child’s birth date (birth or hospital certificate, passport);
- Immunization information and child’s health history; and
- Names and phone numbers of parents, physician, and an emergency contact when the parent/guardian cannot be reached.
- Proof of residency (choose one of the following):
- Gas, water, or electric bill
- Purchase papers for home
- Lease/rental agreement
- Affidavit of residence with a sponsor or landlord
2020-21 Kindergarten Registration Packet (English / Spanish)
- Jan. 27, 2020