Welcome to the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District! All children enrolling for kindergarten for the coming school year must be five years old by August 31, prior to the start of school. The following steps will provide you with all the information and forms you need to help with that process.
1. Find your neighborhood schoolStudents in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District are assigned to schools based on the location of their residence. Not sure which school is your neighborhood school? Use our School Finder tool.
2. Provide verification of residencySumner-Bonney Lake School District requires residency verification at time of enrollment. Please provide one of the following proof of residency - utility bill, purchase papers for home, lease/rental agreement, affidavit of residence with sponsor or landlord. This is required for all families completing a registration packet.
3. Fill out a registration packetPaperwork can be turned into the Main Office at your neighborhood school during office hours or the District Administration building, located at 1202 Wood Ave. in Sumner.
When registering a child for school, families should bring:
- Proof of child’s birth date (birth or hospital certificate, passport);
- Immunization information and child’s health history; and
- Names and phone numbers of parents, physician, and an emergency contact when the parent/guardian cannot be reached.
- Proof of residency (choose one of the following):
- Gas, water, or electric bill
- Purchase papers for home
- Lease/rental agreement
- Affidavit of residence with a sponsor or landlord
2020-21 Kindergarten Registration Packet: English | Spanish