Safety Advisory Committee
The Sumner-Bonney Lake School District takes great pride in providing physically- and emotionally-safe learning environments every day, for every student. From the moment a student steps onto the school bus and until they return home, various measures and practices are in place to help ensure student safety.As part of our ongoing commitment to safety and security, the District formed a Safety Advisory Committee to review safety issues, strategies, policies and procedures, and make recommendations as appropriate to increase the effectiveness of addressing student safety. Among the committee’s priorities will be to identify ways to increase bus safety and enhance partnerships with law enforcement.The Safety Advisory Committee comprises representatives from district staff, students and families, community members, and first responders.Committee Goals
- Review safety programs, strategies, and make recommendations as appropriate to increase effectiveness of addressing all aspects (physical, as well as social-emotional) school safety.
- Examine safety and security issues related to the school's systems' facilities and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Explore ways to involve the communities in promoting and maintaining school safety.
- Assist with training recommendations as necessary to meet the state, county and school district mandated requirements.
- Regularly review the emergency preparedness of the school system.