The Sumner-Bonney Lake School District has established this website to keep the community informed on collective bargaining with District employees who are represented by labor unions. Collective bargaining is the performance of the mutual obligation of the representative of the employer and the exclusive bargaining representative to meet at reasonable times and to bargain in good faith in an effort to reach agreement with respect to wages, hours and working conditions. The obligation does not compel either party to agree to a proposal or to make a concession.
Here are the formal bargaining groups and collective bargaining agreements within the District:
- Extra Curricular
- IUOE: Child Nutrition & Transportation
- IUOE: Custodians, Maintenance & Mechanics
- Sumner Education Association
- Sumner Paraeducator Association
- Sumner Principals and Directors Association
- Sumner Support Services Directors' Association
- Administrative Professional Group Handbook
- Sumner Exempt Employee Agreement
Scheduled bargaining dates with IUOE bargaining units:
- IUOE (Transportation and Child Nutrition Services): April 29, 2019 - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- IUOE (Maintenance, Mechanics and Custodians): May 2, 2019 - 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.