Interested in Volunteering?
The Sumner School District welcomes and encourages parents and community members to actively participate in student learning through volunteering in schools and the Recreation Department. The community-teacher-student-family relationship is an important part of ensuring success for all students, every day.
All prospective volunteers must complete a volunteer application using the Sumner School District online Employment Application system.
Background checks will be conducted on all adults working with students as part of the application process.
To apply as a volunteer, please complete the following steps. The process should take approximately twenty minutes to complete.
- Fill out the online application. Please be sure to complete your profile and checklist.
- Complete the items in the checklist, including the mandatory disclosure.
- A State Patrol background check is conducted on all volunteer applicants.
- Once approved, all volunteers must annually reapply to volunteer.
- If you need help scanning documents to upload or access to a computer, please call Human Resources at (253) 891-6025, or stop by the front counter for personalized help 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Once you have completed your online application, use your Login ID and Password to update your volunteer application annually.