Step 1: Find your neighborhood school
Students in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District are assigned to schools based on the location of their residence. If you are unsure which school your child would attend, go to this page and use an online school/bus stop lookup tool.
- Kindergarten students who reside within the boundaries of Maple Lawn Elementary or Daffodil Valley Elementary will attend the Sumner Early Learning Center (located behind Sumner Middle School).
- If you live in the Tehaleh community, it's possible your home is located within Orting School District boundaries. Find your resident school district.
Step 2: Gather required registration items and prepare for upload
(create an image file by scanning the document or taking clear photo)
Verification of Residency: ONE current document (dated within the past 30 days) from the list below. MUST show parent/guardian name and physical address.
- Utility bill
- Purchase papers for home
- Lease/rental agreement
- Affidavit of residence with sponsor or landlord
Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS): Effective 2020-2021 school year: new immunization documentation requirements per the Washington State Deptartment of Health.
ONE of the following documents must be uploaded to the enrollment site.
- CIS form printed from IIS (Immunization Inofrmation System database (accessed through the IIS website: https://wa.myir.net
- Hardcopy CIS form completed by hand and validated with a health care provider signature
- Hardcopy CIS form completed by hand by parent and validated by school nurse or designee with vaccination records attached
Birth Certificate showing date of birth is required for Kindergarten registration. Alternative documents could include, but not limited to: religious, hospital or physician’s certificate, adoption record, previously verified school records or notarized affidavit from a parent. For other documents, please contact the school to verify it can be accepted.
Step 3: Complete the online enrollment process by following the option below that best pertains to you
Note: This process will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. As you work, you may save your progress and come back later.
- Option 1- I currently have a student enrolled in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
Log-in to your Family Access account and click on the NSOE (new student online enrollment) button in the upper left.
- Option 2- I do NOT currently have a student in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
Follow this link for New Student Online Enrollment to request access to the Sumner-Bonney Lake Family Access portal where you will complete the on-line enrollment.
If you are interested in home-schooling, complete the Home-School Registration Packet. If participating in Home School Running Start, complete this packet. Please return the completed packet to the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District Administration Office or e-mail to the support address below.
If you need help or support with registration, email email@example.com.