Register now for the Community Summit: March 19
Attend the Communities For Families 26th Annual Community Summit to examine topics affecting the health and well-being of children and families in Sumner and Bonney Lake.
This free event features keynote speaker John Gaines aka “John PUSH Gaines,” a former at-risk kid turned youth advocate. John has spoken at universities, nonprofit organizations, youth conferences, NBA skill camps, churches, and schools helping young people realize -- regardless of adversity or obstacles they may face -- that they can still PUSH to be great. Breakout sessions include:
The Truth About Vaping
Climbing Out of Homelessness
Rebuilding Hope: Tackling Depression
Continuing to Build An Inclusive Community
2:45 p.m. - Doors Open
- 3 & 4 p.m. - Beyond the Borders Bus Tours
- 3 - 4:45 p.m. - Healthy Youth Survey Review
4 - 8:15 p.m. - Resource Tables & Childcare Available
5 - 6:15 p.m. - Breakout Sessions
- Building HOPE: Tackling Youth Depression
- Continuing to Build Inclusive Communities
- Don't Be In A Fog: The Truth About Vaping
- Climbing Out of Homelessness
6:15 - 8:15 p.m. - Dinner, Presentations and Keynote
Unsung Hero Award:
The Community Impact/Unsung Hero Awards are given annually as part of the Sumner-Bonney Lake CFF Community Summit held each March. Nominated individuals and organizations who serve in support of our local community will be honored. Nominees have the following criteria:
- makes a powerful difference without having the benefit of holding an office, title or position.
- contributes to the health and well-being of youth and families.
- works “behind the scenes” and is rarely recognized for community involvement.
- goes above & beyond what is expected – as a volunteer, or professionally.
For more information about the Community Impact/Unsung Hero Award nomination process, contact email@example.com at (253) 891-6032.