Proposition 2: Instructional Technology Improvements & Security Upgrades Levy
The replacement 6-year technology and safety levy maintains our investment in student technology.
- Exceptional education for all students
- Access to new technology
- A computer for every student
- Innovative STEM Programs
- Software maintenance and updates
- Classroom technology and training for teachers
- Technology for classrooms
- Professional development for staff
- Integrated digital curriculum
- Secure building access controls
- Emergency communications systems
- Security infrastructure
- Examples: Cameras, wiring, upgraded networks
Levy dollars in action: A new Instant Learning Assistant tool at every school allows for immediate translation between staff and families.
Viewsonic ViewBoard Interactive Panels were installed in all K-12 classrooms at SBLSD in summer 2022. Hear from one of our teachers about how they're taking learning to whole new level.
In case you missed it, KOMO News featured one of our safety measures: our voice/video intercom system, which is outfitted at all of our schools as of this year and adds an extra layer of security. This system was made possible by our voter-approved 2018 technology levy funding.
We’re thrilled to announce the completion of a greatly-enhanced safety and security measure at our buildings’ front entrances — a voice and video intercom system.