Career & College
Career and College Readiness helps prepare students for career and college options. Our goal is to equip students for a range of post-secondary education options, including two-year community or technical college degrees, four-year college degrees and registered apprenticeships.
Our district uses a web-based career exploration system for 6th-12th grade students called Career Cruising. This online career exploration system guides students through discovering interests, skills, abilities and learning styles and connects them with (possible) future careers.
Career Cruising allows students to:
- Create a complete 4-year program of courses in alignment with graduation requirements and career aspirations
- Track and pursue post-secondary education and training opportunities.
- Use tools and information to guide the college exploration and application process
- Compare colleges, universities, technical schools and training programs
The goal is for students to learn about themselves and what careers match their interests, skills, learning styles and abilities/capabilities.
UPCOMING EVENTSSumner School District students are invited to the 3rd annual College and Career Fair at Bonney Lake High School on Nov. 6, 2017, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Research options with universities, community and tech colleges, apprenticeship programs, military and various community organizations.
- Plan for careers in specific industries and work with local business leaders on mapping the path toward employment.
- Learn about financial aid, scholarships, NCAA eligibility, and the College Bound program.
Session Offerings and Times:
The following sessions are offered at 3 different session times: (1) 6-6:25 p.m., (2) 6:25-6:55 p.m., and (3) 7-7:25 p.m.
- College Athletic/NCAA
- Financial Aid - FASFA help
- Scholarship Information
- Conducting Your College Search
- The College Bound Program
- Military Options
- Several local college presentations
For more info: Jennifer Moody, (253) 891-5889