Experts agree that the best way to prevent suicide is to talk about it, but people are often afraid to bring it up. SBLSD has staff and resources available year-round. We’re here to help! Please reach out to your child’s school counselor.
- Signs a Child Might Be Suicidal: What to watch out for and how to help
- What to Do if You Think Your Teenager Is Depressed: Start by listening without judgment, not trying to 'fix' them
- Help for Cutting and Other Self-Injury: When kids intentionally hurt themselves as a way to manage difficult emotions
- What to Do if You're Worried About Suicide: A parent's guide to helping a child in distress.
- When OCD Triggers Suicidal Thoughts: How a form of OCD can be mistaken for being suicidal
- Taking a Child to the Emergency Room: What the ER can (and can't) do for your child in a psychiatric emergency