Update for middle school DISTANCE learning families
Families of Middle School Students — Distance Learning Academy:
This is a message to confirm that middle school students who chose the Full-Time Distance Learning model will begin the Distance Learning Academy on Feb. 2, the first day of second semester. Find your second semester schedule by logging into Family Access.
Staff are excited to begin this cross-district Distance Learning Academy, which allows for a continuation of high-quality instruction in the learning model of your choice with a predictable and consistent schedule.
Schools regularly communicate additional details with families of students in the Distance Learning Academy. If you have questions, please contact your school.
Keeping you in the loop: Based on close monitoring of COVID-19 case counts, data projections and trend analyses, the District estimates middle school students in the In-Person Hybrid model will begin in-person learning on Feb. 9. This does not affect students in the Distance Learning Academy.
We thank our families who responded to the Learning Model Selection survey earlier this month. We were able to honor all learning model selection requests for either In-Person Hybrid or Full-Time Distance.
This message outlines these important items that are specific to your child:
- Learning model: In-Person Hybrid or Full-Time Distance
- Second semester schedule: Begins Feb. 2 (regardless of pause of in-person learning)
The middle school Distance Learning Academy will begin on Feb. 2, the first day of second semester. You can view your child’s second semester schedule in Family Access.
Your student is confirmed for Full-Time Distance Learning. They will start a new class schedule for second semester on Feb. 2.
Important items to note for distance learning at the middle school level
- Students will begin taking classes with their Distance Learning Academy teachers beginning Feb. 2, which is the first day of second semester
- Students will have new schedules for second semester
- Students will continue with the days/times as they have for classes during first semester:
- Tuesday/Thursday: Periods 1, 3, 5 at the normal times of 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. respectively
- Wednesday/Friday: Periods 2, 4, 6 at the normal times of 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. respectively
- The Distance Learning Academy comprises staff and students from all three of our middle schools (Lakeridge MS, Mountain View MS, Sumner MS)
Secondary bell schedule / Support hours
- Teachers will have office hours Monday - Friday. Please see each teacher’s Google Classroom for hours and the Zoom link.
- Students will have a 30-minute live Advisory period each Monday morning. Students should look for a Zoom meeting link from their advisory teacher. Schools will send more information on the scheduled time for Advisory.
Thank you for your patience and support as we move into this next phase of learning models for what we hope is the very best experience for your child. If you have questions about your child’s learning model or second semester schedule, please contact your school.