100% Distance Learning:
All students are expected to attend school remotely from home through Google Classroom, the District Learning Management System. Distance Learning at home will be equal to the work students receive over a normal school year in all content areas, with an emphasis on reading and math, and social-emotional learning (SEL) at the elementary level. All students should expect to login daily through the District’s dashboard Hello ID to access Google Classroom. Students learning remotely from home must be engaged in learning demonstrated by any of the following:
- Daily participation in Google Classroom;
- Daily participation in Zoom; or
- Completion or submission of an assignment in Google Classroom from student to teacher
The Sumner-Bonney Lake School District distance learning plan is developed with a combination of synchronous and asynchronous touchpoints.
- Synchronous online learning provides for live, real time interaction between the student and teacher or student to student. The District’s primary tool for synchronous interactions is Zoom.
- Asynchronous online learning provides for flexibility and opportunity for students to learn independently at their own pace. The District’s primary tools for asynchronous learning are Google Classroom, Screencastify, Nearpod, G-Suite tools, and FlipGrid.
Students will receive continued feedback on their academic progress. Additionally, students will have daily access to their teachers to receive instruction and intervention, submit assignments, ask questions, and receive social and emotional support on Google Classroom or through Zoom.