Registering During Summer Break
When registering during summer break, school staff are not on site to inform families when we are experiencing over-crowding in Sumner-Bonney Lake School District schools. Due to class size language, as stated in our Collective Bargaining Agreement, it is possible that your child’s grade level may be “capped” as we begin the new school year. This means there’s a possibility your child may be moved to another school for the 2022-23 school year in order to stay within the maximum class size limits established for SBLSD. If it becomes necessary to overflow your child to another school within our district, the school registrar will work with families and the Transportation Department to provide transportation for your child to and from the overflow school.
WAIVERS, including In-District, Out-of-District and Transfer Requests: www.sumnersd.org/waiver
KINDERGARTEN information: www.sumnersd.org/kindergarten
TEHALEH community: As new homes within the Tehaleh community are built, the district is working to verify resident school districts for each individual home. Click here for instructions on how to determine if your home is located in Sumner-Bonney Lake School District or Orting School District.
Welcome to the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District. To register your child for kindergarten through grade 12, please follow the steps below to access online enrollment through Family Access.
#1: Find your neighborhood school
Students in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District are assigned to schools based on the location of their residence. If you are unsure which school your child would attend, go to this page and use an online school/bus stop lookup tool.
- Kindergarten students who reside within the boundaries of Maple Lawn Elementary or Daffodil Valley Elementary will attend the Sumner Early Learning Center (located behind Sumner Middle School).
- If you live in the Tehaleh community, it's possible your home is located within Orting School District boundaries. Find your resident school district.
#2: Gather required registration items and prepare for upload
(create an image file by scanning the document or taking clear photo)
Verification of Residency: ONE current document (dated within the past 30 days) from the list below. MUST show parent/guardian name and physical address.
- Utility bill
- Purchase papers for home
- Lease/rental agreement
- Affidavit of residence with sponsor or landlord
Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS): Effective 2020-2021 school year: new immunization documentation requirements per the Washington State Deptartment of Health.
ONE of the following documents must be uploaded to the enrollment site.
- CIS form printed from IIS (Immunization Inofrmation System database (accessed through the IIS website: https://wa.myir.net
- Hardcopy CIS form completed by hand and validated with a health care provider signature
- Hardcopy CIS form completed by hand by parent and validated by school nurse or designee with vaccination records attached
Birth Certificate: required for Kindergarten registration only.
#3: Complete the online enrollment process by following the option below that best pertains to you
Note: This process will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. As you work, you may save your progress and come back later.
- Option 1- I currently have a student enrolled in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
Log-in to your Family Access account and click on the NSOE (new student online enrollment) button in the upper left.
- Option 2- I do NOT currently have a student in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
Follow this link for New Student Online Enrollment to request access to the Sumner-Bonney Lake Family Access portal where you will complete the on-line enrollment.
If you are interested in home-schooling, complete the Home-School Registration Packet. If participating in Home School Running Start, complete this packet. Please return the completed packet to the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District Administration Office or e-mail to the support address below.
If you need help or support with registration, email email@example.com.