Interested in Volunteering?
The Sumner-Bonney Lake School District welcomes and encourages parents and community members to actively participate in student learning through volunteering in schools and the Recreation Department. The community-teacher-student-family relationship is an important part of ensuring success for all students, every day.
All prospective volunteers must complete a volunteer application using the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District online Employment Application system.
Background checks will be conducted on all adults working with students as part of the application process.
To apply as a volunteer, please complete the following steps. The process should take approximately twenty minutes to complete.
- Fill out the online application. Please be sure to complete your profile and checklist.
- Complete the items in the checklist, including the mandatory disclosure.
- A State Patrol background check is conducted on all volunteer applicants.
- The principal or director will contact you if you are approved to volunteer.
- Once approved, all volunteers must annually reapply to volunteer.
If you need help scanning documents to upload or access to a computer, please call Human Resources at (253) 891-6025, or stop by the front counter for personalized help 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thanks so much for your willingness to serve the students of the Sumner School District!