*Effective August 1, 2020:
Immunizations must be medically verified and on file at the school for all new enrolling students and current students with required immunization updates. Immunization records must be from a health care provider, or you must attach paperwork from a health care provider to the Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) form that shows your child’s records are accurate and current.
Here are some examples of medically verified immunization records:
- Completed CIS signed by a health care provider
- CIS filled out by parent/guardian with medical records attached
- CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System
- CIS printed from MyIR which is a free Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records themselves. Go to https://wa.myir.net/register to begin the sign-up process.
For more information on changes to state immunization rules that go into effect August 1, 2020, visit the WA State Department of Health.
To help facilitate students getting the required immunizations, Mary Bridge Mobile Immunization Clinic provides free immunizations to all children from birth through 18 years of age. View a monthly calendar with Mobile Immunization Clinic locations, which include South Hill Mall.
For more information about the Mobile Immunization Clinic, call (253) 403-1767. To schedule an appointment, please call (253) 792-6630.
The Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department recommends families of children not immunized to consider immunization. Immunization is one of the most important actions you can take to protect your child, fellow students and the community from serious diseases.
Washington state law requires that all students attending public schools be immunized against Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (whooping cough), Polio, Measles, Mumps, Hepatitis B, Varicella and rubella before registering for school. Children may be excluded from school if parents/guardians do not provide proof of required immunizations prior to the first day of attendance. For more information about immunization requirements, call the District’s Health Services Office at (253) 891-6060 or the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department at (253) 798-6410.
State Vaccination Requirements District Immunization Forms
PARENTS: Washington School Immunization Law RCW 28A.31.118 requires that your child be properly immunized in order to attend school.
All new students entering Sumner-Bonney Lake School District in the fall must present proof of immunization prior to admittance. Students cannot enter school, without proof of meeting requirements of the immunization law.
Upon registration, students must present proof of the following immunizations:
- Minimum of four (4) DTaPwith the last dose on or after age four (4) on entry to kindergarten.
- Four (4) TD/Td/Tdap all other students new to school district if last dose given on or after 4th
- One (1) Tdapfor students 6th through 12th grade, or if student is 11 years of age.
- Minimum of three (3) Polio, with the last dose on or after 4th
- Two (2) Measles, Mumps and Rubellagiven on or after 1st birthday, and at least 28 days apart.
- Three (3) Hepatitis Bon entrance to grades K-12.
- Two (2) Varicella given on or after 1stbirthday on entry to Kindergarten - 12th grades OR physician’s documentation of disease OR positive blood test showing immunity.
Immunizations can be obtained from the following places:
- Your family Physician
- MultiCare Immunization Clinic at South Hill Mall:
The health kiosk is inside the mall near Children’s Play Area
Puyallup, WA 98372
Cost: Sliding scale for ages 0-18
Bring any immunization records to the visit.
- Official lifetime immunization record with a provider stamp or signature.
- Official immigration immunization record.
- Immunization record printed from a healthcare provider, clinic, or hospital.
- Written immunization record with a provider stamp or signature.
- Immunization record printed from the Washington Immunization Information System (WA IIS).