Address1518 Main St.Sumner, WA 98390Phone Number
(253) 891-6520The Elhi Hill High School Program provides a caring environment for students who need services beyond the traditional school day and during the summer to meet state and district standards. Students who graduate from Elhi Hill receive a diploma from Bonney Lake or Sumner high school.
- Active learning is documented daily, along with behavior and attendance.
- Each month, EHP reports Alternative Learning Experience-funded students’ progress to the state.
- Students enrolled in classes at their home high school or Pierce County Skills Center (PCSC) for a half day are considered basic education students, not alternative learning students.
- Transportation is provided to EHP, from home and/or from home high school, except on Wednesdays.
- Transportation is provided to PCSC on Wednesdays and to EHP for a three-hour session.
- Students meet with their assigned EHP Advisor every Thursday to discuss weekly progress, which includes attendance, active learning hours, progress and grades.
- Progress is shared electronically with parents/guardians every week.
Elhi Hill High School Program celebrates new, permanent location
Community members, Elhi Hill friends and family and District leaders joined together Feb. 27 for a ribbon cutting event for the new, permanent location of Elhi Hill High School Program. The evening celebrated students and thanked supporters of Elhi Hill and all that the program represents.
Elhi Hill High School Program began in 2012, serving 26 students with only one teacher in a single room. Now, hundreds of students later, the program has 15 staff members, ranging from teachers to paraeducators to specialized counselors. This support allows students to access help for a range of needs. Since its inception, Elhi Hill has graduated nearly 250 students with diplomas from both Bonney Lake High School and Sumner High School.