- Waivers, including In-District, Out-of-District and Transfer Requests: www.sumnersd.org/waiver
- Kindergarten information: www.sumnersd.org/kindergarten
Q: If my child already attends school in the District, do I still need to register them for next year?
A: No, if your child is currently in our system in grades K-12, they will be automatically rolled up to the next grade level and you do not need to re-register.
The only students who need to register are those not currently attending our district or those who are moving up from preschool to kindergarten.
If your child is currently being homeschooled or solely using a 3rd party vendor and you plan to return to the district for the 21-22 school year, you DO need to re-register.
Welcome to the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District. To register your child for kindergarten through grade 12, please follow the steps below to access online enrollment through Family Access.
#1: Find your neighborhood school
Students in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District are assigned to schools based on the location of their residence. If you are unsure which school your child would attend, use our School Finder Tool.
Note: Kindergarten students who reside within the boundaries of Maple Lawn Elementary or Daffodil Valley Elementary will attend the Sumner Early Learning Center (located behind Sumner Middle School).
#2: Gather required registration items and prepare for upload
(create an image file by scanning the document or taking clear photo)
Verification of Residency: ONE current document (dated within the past 30 days) from the list below. MUST show parent/guardian name and physical address.
- Utility bill
- Purchase papers for home
- Lease/rental agreement
- Affidavit of residence with sponsor or landlord
Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS): Effective 2020-2021 school year: new immunization documentation requirements per the Washington State Deptartment of Health.
ONE of the following documents must be uploaded to the enrollment site.
- CIS form printed from IIS (Immunization Inofrmation System database (accessed through the IIS website: https://wa.myir.net
- Hardcopy CIS form completed by hand and validated with a health care provider signature
- Hardcopy CIS form completed by hand by parent and validated by school nurse or designee with vaccination records attached
Birth Certificate: required for Kindergarten registration only.
#3: Complete the online enrollment process by following the option below that best pertains to you
Note: This process will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. As you work, you may save your progress and come back later.
- Option 1- I currently have a student enrolled in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
Log-in to your Family Access account and click on the NSOE (new student online enrollment) button in the upper left.
- Option 2- I do NOT currently have a student in the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
Follow this link for New Student Online Enrollment to request access to the Sumner-Bonney Lake Family Access portal where you will complete the on-line enrollment.
If you are interested in home-schooling, complete the Home-School Registration Packet. Please return the completed packet to the Sumner-Bonney Lake School District Administration Office or e-mail to the support address below.
If you need help or support with registration, email firstname.lastname@example.org.