The Sumner-Bonney Lake Family Center offers a wide variety of human service programs, resources, health services, information and referrals. The Family Center's mission is to educate, strengthen and support children and families. The Family Center provides services that focus on empowerment and enable families to become self-sufficient, active and contributing members of our society.
- Support children and strengthen family units
- Empower families to become self-sufficient and successful
- Increase community support for children and families
- Enhance parenting skills through education
Programs and Services
We offer a variety of programs and services to the community.
- Parent Support Groups
- Parenting Classes
- Home Visits
- Intervention Services and Resources
- Services in Spanish
- Family Events
- Sewing Classes
- Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
- City of Sumner
- City of Bonney Lake
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department and Family Support Partnership
- Good Samaritan Behavioral Healthcare
- OSPI-McKinney-Vento Title X Homeless Education Grant to Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
- Local churches
- Community businesses
- Dedicated families, volunteers and contributors
Working together to help
- Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department: Public Health Nurses who support families and the community through home visits, education and support groups.
- Good Samaritan Behavioral Healthcare: Readiness-to-Learn Program – provides family support and advocacy services through referrals from local elementary schools. Also, offers Triple P and PFR support services to families with children from birth to 12 years of age. Facilitates educational programs and provides home visits.
- Bilingual Services offered to families at the Family Support Center
- McKinney Vento Coordinator/Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
- Center Coordinator/Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
- Drug-Free Communities Coordinator/Sumner-Bonney Lake School District
- Dedicated Parents and Volunteers